Counties Passed through: Morton
K-127 was created in 1956 when US 56 was relocated from Border Avenue in Elkhart across the railroad tracks onto a new alignment. The new highway extended Morton Street (previously part of K-45) with the new US 56.
K-127 was not show on state highway maps after 1962. The 1966 Morton County map does show that Elkhart had annexed a portion of US 56. Presumably, the Highway Commission elected to turn back Morton Street to the city.